Syphilitic aneurysm of the aorta
- Immediately above the aortic valve, the ascending aorta is dilated – saccular aneurysm. The surface of the intima is uneven.
- The ring of the aortic valve is extended.
- Although slightly modified, the valve cusps are separated. Among them are the so-called furrows of Deele.
- The traumatized by the blood atrial endocardium in the lateral line becomes rough and forms the so-called pocket of Zahn.
- Coronary vessels are not engaged by the inflammatory process.
- Insufficiency of the aortic valve develops as cusps do not close the enlarged aortic orifice.•The cavity of the left ventricle is significantly enlarged and its walls are thickened – eccentric hypertrophy.