Seminoma of the testis
- Malignant tumor of the germ cell epithelium of seminiferous tubules.
- It is composed of uniform, round or polygonal cells, with bright cytoplasm and a big located at the centre of the cell nucleus .
- Soft connective tissue strands give nested-like structure of the tumor
- The tumor is characterized by its well defined lymphocytic stromal reaction.
- Besides the classical type of seminoma, there also exist the anaplastic type (with expressed cell atypia), and in adult males –the spermatocytic seminoma which has a more favorable prognosis.