- The histological finding is mosaic.
- Almost all glomeruli are hyalinized: homogenously pink, acellular and small size.
- Lymphocytes form reactive infiltrates around them.
- Damaged of ‘dead’ nephrones are replaced by connective tissue.
- Arteriolar walls are thicken their lumens are narrow because of secondary hypertension changes.
- Only in single glomeruli can show the signs of the initial glomerulonephritis.
- Single glomeruli and their tubules are preserved and even hypertrophic. They maintain the minimal kidney function in the final stage of the disease.