Liver in chronic myelogenous leukemia
- Liver is involved in extramedullary neoplastic hemopoiesis .
- It’s normal structure is obscured by leukemic infiltrates, which engages diffusely the sinusoides (as ‘flows’ of small hyperchromic cells).
- Immature ‘blast’ cells are from white(granulocytic) blood origin: from myeloblasts and more matured myelocytes to definitely mature segmented leukocytes .
- Cellular infiltrate in the portal spaces are found only in exacerbation of the diseaseсе .
- Liver cells are tapered, separated, arranged as arcs (atrophy of pressure) with degenerative changes.