Diabetic glomerulosclerosis – pathology and pictures
- In urinary pole of the kidney, glomeruli show several inter-capillary hyaline globules.
- Basically, they occur on the background of diffuse intercapillary glomerulosclerosis (homogenous expansion of mesangial matrix).
- Some glomeruli are completely sclerotic.
- Simultaneously, in both afferential and efferential arterioles is found lipohyaline (thick hyaline walls)
- Epithelium of the convoluted tubules is with vacuolar degeneration.
More information about: Diabetic glomerulosclerosis