Ameloblastoma – pathology and pictures
- Local destructive tumor, arising from tooth germinal epithelium.
- In the follicular type, the cells are arranged in oval or round nests set up among fibrous connective tissue.
- At the periphery, the cylindrical cells are arranged in a pallisading pattern reminding of epithelial basal layer cells. At the centre, cells are located more chaotically and acquire ‘starry’-like appearance.
- Between tumor nests are formed either small cavities with clear liquid or larger cystic spaces .
- They ‘crack’, if the tumor intumescences are compressed.